The Accounting supervisor handles accounting books, costing and BIR compliances, leads accounting staff to their day to day KPIs; reports to Finance Manager and CEO about current status of APs and Inventories.
Position: Accounting Supervisor
Job Level: Rank and File (Level 3)
Reports to: Finance Manager
Job Statement: The Accounting supervisor handles accounting books, costing and BIR compliances, leads accounting staff to their day to day KPIs; reports to Finance Manager and CEO about current status of APs and Inventories.
Internal: All Departments
- At least thirty (30) day notice of intent to separate from the company.
- Non-compete clause.
- Non-disclosure / Confidentiality Clause
Main Areas of Responsibilities/Key Accountabilities
- Checks approved PO’s, Receiving Reports and Vendor’s Invoice if agree with each other.
- Coordinates with Requester about the details of Vendors for Vendor Master File
- Maintains day to day disbursement report based on Ageing of Payables
- Prepares AP Vouchers and Check Vouchers
- Posting of Vouchers to Books of Accounts on time
- Maintaining separate report on accrual of RR without vendor’s invoice via personal sub-ledgers per supplier
- In-charge of month end adjustment report re: Supplier’s unpaid balances
- Reconciles Payments
- Maintains actual costing of inventory items and furnish accounting/finance heads for the details with General Journal Entry for approval
- Maintains complete and organized filing of Job Orders, Landed Costs, Suppliers Folders and the like.
- Assists in the preparation of Cash Position report by furnishing the up-to-date check status such as unreleased, outstanding, and for payment
- Prepares monthly schedule of Vat inputs and Vat Outputs and In-Charge of monthly/Quarterly Compliance
- Prepares monthly compliance and remittance of expanded withholding taxes from suppliers and withholding tax on compensation
- Maintains clear analysis of total Purchases for the period with current inventory on Hand and COGS
- Maintains details of variances due to production (Quantity or Price Variance) if there is.
- Maintains actual Inventory Item Status and Cost per Unit at any given period of time.
- Completion and Preparation of Annualized Alphalist of Sales and Purchases 1604E
- Completion and Preparation of Inventory List
- Zero discrepancy and variance on AP and Inventory.
- Organized filing of Vendor’s Master File (including credit terms)
- Updated Ageing of Accounts Payable (Every Friday before 11:00AM)
- Zero/less unprocessed requests for payment on hand
- Zero variance and zero unrecognized pending invoices from suppliers
- Suppliers Accrual reports (Every 3rd day of the ff. month)
- Trade Accrual Report; with GJ Entry (Every 3rd day of the ff. month)
- Zero variances
- FG Costing report; General journal Entry (Every Monday of the ff. week)
- General Journal Entry
- Least probability as to bank’s overdraft due to unplanned trade disbursements
- On time and accurate filing of VAT Returns (Every 5th of the ff. month)
- Interim Inventory Analysis (Every 5th of the ff. month)
- Variance Report per Production (Every Friday before 3pm)
- Inventory Sub-Ledger
- Timely and accurate filing (Mar. 15th of the ff. year)
- Timely and accurate filing of Completion and Preparation of Inventory List (Jan. 15th of the ff. year)
- Observance of regular work schedule as follows: Monday to Friday: 7:30am – 4:30am
- Education - College Graduate, preferably of Accounting
- Experience - Certified Public Accountant (At least 4 years experience)
- Skills - Computer -literate especially on Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint; e-mails, PABX and Facsimile Operations
- Communication - Communicates well in English
- Others - Works with minimal supervision, personable and presentable, attentive to details, willing to work long hours
Hide this content.